Thursday, June 17, 2010

Fitting In

So, its been ages since my 1st blog and if any of you is wondering, I am alive ;) Had exams since the 1st week of June but have been immersed in books since May. Relieved that now till 2 whole months I wont have to study anything!! Well 4 months to b exact considering that I dont study till a month before exams anyway :p The very next day of my last exam, 1 of my friends who is studyin in Malaysia came to Oman for a few hours. So I and my other friend went to meet him. It was there that I realized how different we are from regular straight guys.
I am a perfect example of a typical gay guy. I am not at all into sports. All I know about sports is that people run after balls for sumtimes the whole day!! But thats life if you are into men right? ;) Same with cars. I SO dont have any interest in cars!! All I require is an awesome AC and awesome music system in a car (U readin Phunk?? :P ) So whenever the conversation turns to sports or cars, I kinda zone out and just nod and smile if asked for my opinion. Ths is exactly what happenned that day. The conversation turned to oh-so-irritatingly-much-talked-about football!!!! Everywhere I go there is discussion about footballs! Taking into consideration the number of times I've had to zone out since the last few days, it's a miracle I havent sufferred brain damage!!

At times the conversation would jump to girls and their boobs and sex. Again I would just smile and nod or pas a comment like 'Yeah she's hot!' while thinking what exactly is the hotness?! This is a regular thing when you are friends with only straight guys. They often discuss girls and their various body parts with so much enthusiasm that you are left with the feeling that sometihng is wrong with you coz you dont share that excitement. Then comes the occasional depression and the confusion that where exactly do I belong?!
At one point me and my friend from Malaysia were sitting beside each other. There was a couple walking nearby. I was looking at the guy who was quite smart. And my friend was staring at the girl. I quickly dropped my gaze before he could notice me observing the guy. All this got me to thinking that maybe I, being a gay guy, dont belong with straight people. Sure there are exception. Like my straight best friend who knows I am gay. Lets call him Auzzi. He will be a part of my blog. There is gonna be a post bout him sometime in the future. I can totally be myself with him. Sometimes he even points outcute guys to me!

But Auzzi is an exception. This post is about fitting in with straight guys. Which we cant coz we are like oil and water. We dont gel together. If you are out to your firends then that is a separate thing. Your friends know who you are and accept you as you are. But if you are not out, if you are a closeted gay, then life can become quite difficult if you only have straight friends unless you are a really good actor!!

9 comments:

  1. Haahaha...yes, I'm reading and I'm also commenting! :p

    First of all.....that's a very well-written post!! Bt I think it has little to do with sexuality and more to do with personal preferences!!

    While yea...u won't expect a gay dude to be acknowledge actively about boobs and vaginas BUT football!! Ummm...i think that's pretty darn possible!

    Mostly I'm not interested either but I tune into it at times...i watched the Greece vs. Nigeria match today!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnx 4 commenting :) I know u r into football. A little atleast. U cum under exceptions. bt u already kno dat! :) I was talkin bout typical gays. I agree wid ya,sports n cars cum under personal preferences. But boob n vaginas? Definitely a sexuality thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one s really Good, i like the font n the new template... n the pic is hawt... Awesum taste... n i kinda agree, cos i really hav a difficlt time fittin In with a gang of str88 boys, i usually , deliberatly avoid them, n even if i end , m awkwrd n dnt talk much, excpt to silently smile or laugh... infact m so uncmfrtable at times, that i ACT dat m fine, bt inside m panicking n thinking every second "hw to get out of dis" ... bt thn mayb m nt dat a social person, cos it takes time for me to get into a group... n yea, sumtime wen der is a hot guy arnd, m confused whethr to look at him or to avert my eyes, wat do str88 guys do wen they look at a good looking hunk... ????

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ a boy....totally knw wt u mean mate. i go thru d same things sumtimes when i am around str8 guys. it like, hw d i get out of here!!! :P plus esp. when there's a hottie around, i dunno whether 2 luk or nt. str8 guys r strange, at times they comment almost sexually bout a guys gud body. so i dunno either wat 2 do. i just avoid sumtimes.

    thnx 4 d comments. appreci8 it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Blog!...Loook forward to more updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved that snap, speaks a thousand words.
    All hot guys but caged by society and times.
    And yes you need to be a good actor to survive, not sure for how long i want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ toy couture.......thnx alot dude :)

    @derric.....i know wat u mean. i saw d pic n i ws like "dis is d 1 4 dis post" n yes at times now i 2 feel like my veil is fadin n my 2 worlds r bcuming 1...scares d crap outta me :P

    ReplyDelete